JOIN THE GLOBAL MOVEMENT OF YOGAThe 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Program Overview
NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
Your Journey Towards Inner Peace, Health and Happiness
Get qualified to teach worldwide with this intensive and comprehensive yoga teacher training. Learn to teach and practice Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, a traditional style with roots from the ancient practice of yoga. Learn a style and a proven method in the lineage of Sri Krisnamasharya, Sri K Pattabhi Jois and Larry Schultz. Get the tools to an entire system of yoga that will transform your life and the life of others.
Yoga has become a global movement towards inner peace, happiness and health. Our purpose is to provide you with the necessary tools and knowledge for your self transformation as well as for teaching others the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga. Our goal is to give you a safe space for growth and the support you need in this process.
The program focuses on the traditional Primary Series in Ashtanga Vinayasa Yoga. You will also be introduced to the Modified Primary Series for the beginner students and the creative intermediate series, Rocket Yoga, created by Larry Schultz. You will aslo get the knowledge how to modify the routines for students with different needs. Trough theoretical studies, asana practice, meditation, pranayama and the art of proper relaxation you will learn how to use the transformative power in Ashtanga Yoga. Read more…
We are a group of dedicated yoga teacher trainers highly committed to supporting you before, during and after your training. With long experience in leading others trough teacher trainings, yoga classes and coaching and with experts educations we are ready to share our expertise and knowledge with you. We believe a yoga teacher training is a very important step in your personal development as a yogi and it is vital to have the mental and spiritual support you need. We have chosen to work with small groups of maximum 12 students for best individual support and group dynamic. We love what we do and we are very interested in every one of our students as every yoga teacher training is an unique positive learning experience for us, the teacher trainers, as well as for you, the teachers in training. We are looking forwards to working with you in our next program.
What Is The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
This is an intensive, full time, 200 hours, Yoga Teacher Training accredited by both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Alliance Professionals with the goal to make you a competent yoga teacher. This means that we strictly follow the international guidelines set up by these two organizations. The program is based on the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice as taught in India and on the modern creative vinyasa flow of Rocket Yoga created by our teacher Larry Schultz.
- We teach and practice the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and the ROCKET Vinyasa Yoga.
- In short the program consist of yoga asana practice, mediation, pranayama, kriyas, philosophy, physiology, anatomy, bio mechanics, Ayurveda, holistic nutrition and how to start your business as a yoga teacher.
- Our faculty are highly experienced teachers trained directly by Larry Schultz, the founder of Rocket Yoga.
- After completing the program you will receive a certification that allow you to register with Yoga Alliance and teach anywhere in the world.
- The program also focus on how to practice yoga off the mat in different Seva (selfless service) projects.
Who Is The Yoga Teacher Training For?
This is a comprehensive immersion program for the beginner yoga teacher student. It is a practical training designed to make you a safe and effective yoga teacher for all levels of students. You will also take the steps towards a yogic lifestyle with a deeper understanding of the many dimensions of yoga. Our speciality is Karma yoga that we practice in our SEVA projects that are available as an extra activity outside of the 200 hours program .
- If you LOVE yoga and want to teach and share yoga with others!
- If you want to establish your own strong self practice in yoga.
- If you want to learn how to live a yogic lifestyle .
- If you are in a life transition and want to grow, transform and learn how to listen inwards.
- If you want to detox while doing your training in nature with fresh air, healthy food, clean water and lots of sunshine.
- If you want to deepen your understanding and practice of yoga without necessarily teaching (at least not right now).
- If you want to meet new friends on the same path as you, sharing the same interest.
- If you want to learn more about yoga off the mat and maybe participate in one of our projects.
What Will You Get From The Program?
We have trained yoga practitioners from all corners of the world since 2004 and seen how this beautiful practice has made it possible for many students to realize their dreams and transform their lives. Our mission is to provide a safe, inspiring and supportive environment in which people can grow and connect with their authenticity and inner voice. Through asana practice, meditation, pranayama, group discussions and study of yoga philosophy our students will deepen their understanding of the many levels of yoga and assimilate them into their every day lives.
- You will be guided and supported to establish a strong self practice in yoga.
- You will be able to safely and effectively teach yoga to others.
- You will learn how you can modify your teaching of yoga to students with different needs.
- You will learn several different yoga routines you can share with others. The MPS, The Primary Series and the Rocket.
- You will gain understanding and knowledge about the practice of yoga and how yoga works on the different systems in the body.
- You wil gain clarity of mind and increased focus trough meditation and pranayama practice.
- The daily study of yoga philosophy will give you a deeper understanding of the spiritual aspect of yoga.
- You will unveil your authentic self and find your inner voice as a teacher and leader.
- You will learn how to live a yogic lifestyle, how to implement the practice of kriyas and what is really healthy eating.
- You will have the opportunity to help with our SEVA projects and really make a difference outside of the mat.
- You will meet yoga people that will become your family and friends for life.
- You will have the most incredible experience of your life that will make you stronger both mentally and physically.
- You will detox mentally and physically by living outdoors on the beach without pollution or stress breathing clean air and eating healthy food.
- You will make an investment for life and have the opportunity to make a career change joining the global yoga movement.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course Outline
History and Philosophy of Yoga
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Anatomy and physiology
Terminolgy of anatomy
Applied yoga anatomy
The nervous system
The hormonal system
Ujjayi Breath – theory and practice.
Working with breath in Ashtanga sequences.
Names (Sanskrit and English)
Sun Salutations (Suryanamaskara) A and B – theory and practice.
Standing, seated, and finishing asanas of the Primary Series with a detailed breakdown of the poses.
Alignments practice and benefits of the asanas.
Verbal, visual and hands-on adjustments.
Chakras/ Naulis/ Bandhas
Names and functions
Locations and importance
Nauli and Neti kriya – theory and practice
Bandhas – theory and practice
Ashtanga Yoga Vinyasa System Practicing and teaching the sequences
Full Primary Series
Modified Primary Series
Modified Intermediate Series (Rocket II)
Minimum Daily requirement)
Becoming a teacher
Principles of teaching
Etiquette/ responsibility in the classroom
Finding your own voice as a teacher
Developing a personal teaching philosophy
Marketing yourself as a teacher
The program format:
The program consists of totally 22 full days plus the arrival day and the departure day. There are 20 intensive days divided in 4 learning modules with 5 days practical training and theoretical studies in each module. In addition to participation in the contact hours with a teacher students are also requested to do non contact hours outside of the classroom. These non contact hours consists of homework, practicing teaching, reading and other assessments. There are 2 free days in the yoga teacher training program when the center is closed for cleaning.
6.45 – 7.00 am Tea
7.00 – 9.00 am Morning Practice; self practice or led class, meditation, pranayama, chanting or kriyas.
9.00 – 10.00 am Breakfast
10.00 – 1.00 pm Study; group work or lecture.
1.00 – 2.00 pm Lunch
2.00 – 3.00 pm Peace Hour
3.00 – 4.30 Philosophy class
4.30 – 6.00 pm Evening Practice; Rocket led class, practicing teaching
6.30 pm Dinner and time for home assignments
We are registered/listed with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and Yoga Alliance US. An international certification is granted upon completion of the listed requirements made by Ashtanga Yoga Nicaragua, Yoga Alliance Professionals and Yoga Alliance. This means that you are qualified to teach anywhere in the world.
Requirements For Obtaining The Certificate Of Completion
- Be fully present and participate actively in the training.
- Building an everyday self practice.
- Practice teaching with other participants in the group.
- Complete all the written assignments.
- Complete the final written assignment.
- Write your own statement of teaching philosophy.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a complete Modified Primary Series for beginner students as a final exam.
On the first day of the program you will be handed a manual, containing the basics of Ashtanga Yoga. You will also receive a workbook with guides, exercises and home assignments to guide you successfully through the program step by step. The study material is included in the course.
“Ashtanga Yoga Manual” by David Swenson
“The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” by Sri Swami Satchidananda (available in ebook)
“Yoga Anatomy” by Leslie Kaminoff (available in ebook)
The recommended literature is not included in your package price.
We welcome students from all yoga styles and backgrounds. To fully benefit from the training a minimum of two years regular yoga practice or other sport and fitness training is recommended. The most important is the love for the yoga practice and a willingness to learn, be open and fully commit to the program. We admit students into the program on an individual basis.
Get The Course Content & Requirement (Pdf Download) >>>
200 Hour YTT PACKAGE
PRICE: 3 400$ (incl 500$ deposit)
Certificate of Completion
Accommodation in shared room (2-4 students)
3 Healthy Meals per Day
Shuttletransport from/to Managua airport
(Single room is available for 320$ extra)
September 5 – 28, 2017
November 4 – 27, 2017
February 6 – March 1, 2018
April 6 – 29, 2018
July 2 – 25, 2018
Find your peace and inner balance in remote and beautiful Ostional.
Your package includes accommodations on the beach within walking distance from the yoga center.
You will get three delicious, healthy, vegetarian meals each day and be well taken cared of by our friendly Nicaraguan staff.
Our schools provide adequate training to yoga teachers, enabling them to teach safely and competently. To register with YAUS and use the title and Registry Mark of Registered Yoga School (RYS®), yoga schools must submit their training syllabus for review and agree to maintain a curriculum that meets Yoga Alliance Standards. Yoga teachers who complete a RYS teacher training program are eligible to apply to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®).
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance UK, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may use the title ‘Registered Yoga Teacher’ RYT as a sign of quality training when they register themselves with Yoga Alliance UK. Yoga teachers who complete a RYS teacher training program are generally eligible to apply to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher.